Quite often (as you may have gathered) weekends are workathons. But last weekend was uniquely lovely. Now it’s nearly Friday, I’m reminding myself of how amaze it was to grant myself a day off.
Last Friday was a gloriously splendiferous mid-term INSET day. I basked in the absence of children, got back on top of the to-do list, watched Saints triumph over Wasps, devoured a delectable curry and chilled out with a beer. Or two. (Or three.)
On Saturday, I meandered gently through various inessential marking jobs, cleaned and tidied, slouched around, drank tea, enjoyed food shopping and went out for drinks and dancing.
On Sunday, I woke up with a headache, we invented the world’s greatest hangover cure at the Love Food Festival (see below), Pearl and I wandered around a vintage fair and flea market, I bought a shabby chic cupboard for £5 (more shabby than chic at the moment), we returned to the boys cooking the Sunday roast, drank another pot of tea, chilled out, ate too much, drank more tea and did after dinner Sherlock Holmes puzzles.
This is what weekends should always be like.
After a long, long week, if only this upcoming weekend could be the same. Prob is, I’ve got a pile of crap to do. Zut alors!
The world’s greatest hangover cure
- South American BBQ rib eye steak sandwiches with chimichurri sauce
- Onion bhaji scotch egg
- Vegetable samosas
- Punjabi chicken curry pot
- Tasters of many, many cheeses
- Various Mediterranean breads
- Sausage Fest double sausage sandwich (with pork, apple and cider; and pork, goats cheese and chilli sausages)
- Shots of Nature’s Roast wood-fired coffee (LUSH)
- Dorset mackerel sushi with beetroot sauce
- Ham and piccalilli sushi
- Lemon cupcake tasters
- Brownie tasters
- Raspberry mud cupcake